Retirement planning must start the first day of your job. Deferred savings and pension contributions that allow for deferral of taxes and compound investment opportunities will ensure you can afford the next chapter of your life.
You must create a plan. Consider the following questions:
- When would you like to retire?
- How much do you need saved in order to afford retirement and keep your standard of living for the rest of your life?
- Will you travel?
- Do you want to work part time or take another job after you retire from your current job?
- Where will you live?
- How will you manage healthcare costs?
- Do you have a long term care policy?
- Do you have an estate plan?
- Have you taken into consideration unexpected health issues or events?
- Have you considered inflation?
- Will taxes increase?
- Will your mortgage be paid off?
- How much can you expect from Social Security?
With so many questions, you need the help of a professional. A Certified Financial Planner can give you peace of mind for minimal cost.
For a financial planner referral call 1-866-729-5454 or
Disclosure:Your FOP Benefits Plan is offered free to members and at no cost to your union. The membership plan is administered by CBA, LLC, a social enterprise that receives affiliate or broker commissions from companies that provide financial wellness products and services and other benefit programs to our members. A minimum of 10% of all CBA profits are directed to youth education initiatives.